deadCenter University is a free program for high school-aged students that offers hands-on experience with local and visiting filmmakers. After completing the program, the students are given free All Access passes to enjoy all of the films and panels during the deadCenter Film Festival.
dCU students will:
- work in teams with local film directors to films scenes and produce a short film;
- meet with visiting filmmakers to learn more about their craft;
- gain hands-on experience with Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, CGI, and Stop Motion Animation at the new techCenter Conference;
- attend panel discussions about filmmaking;
- and, watch 100 awesome independent films from around the world and all over Oklahoma.
Past classes include: acting and auditioning with Chris Freihofer (Breaking Bad), Wes Studi (Geronimo), and Laura Spencer (Big Bang Theory); stop-motion animation with Kyle Roberts (The Posthuman Project); cinematography with Fritz Kiersch (Children of the Corn), Jacob Burns (Electric Nostalgia), and Sam Calvin (Great Plains); and producing with Gray Frederickson (The Godfather, Part II) and Blake Pickens (The Land).